After successful careers working in news journalism and telecommunications I transitioned to the field of psychology as part of my own quest for meaningful midlife change.
In my previous management positions I've led and directed teams of people, allowing me to understand complex workplace dynamics, compensation and career issues that many clients deal with throughout their working life. Concurrent to being a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I was for over 14 years a Certified Consumer Credit Counselor, which has deeply grounded me in the household financial issues that clients struggle with.
Throughout my careers I've explored the wisdom of Western clinical psychology and ancient Eastern spiritual traditions. I've maintained a daily Buddhist meditation practice for the past 22 years that continues to inform and deepen my life and my work with clients.
- Licensed in the state of California (MFC 45819)
- Certified EMDR therapist, EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP), Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute
- Certificate in Mind/Body Medicine, Mind/Body Medical Institute, Harvard University, Boston, MA
- Certificate in Integrative Medicine and Spirituality, Institute for Health and Healing, California Pacific Medical Center, - Certified Consumer Credit Counselor, National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA
- B.A. Journalism, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI